You are at the section Calendar History
Create a Calendar
- Rules to use when creating a calendar:
- Reckoning Base
- Year of an Event and Some Examples
- The year Jesus Christ may have been conceived by Mary in 1 BC (turns out it was earlier than that year).
- The year France changed its calendar in 1793 to a short-lived one
- The year of 622 AD when Mohammad and his followers migrated from Mecca to Medina in the Rumi calendar
- Date of an Event and Some Examples
- The founding of Rome on April 21, 753 B.C. Julian-1
- The Alexandrian Date of Creation: March 25, 5493 BC Julian-1
- The Byzantine Date of Creation: the beginning of the World Era on September 1, 5509 BC Julian-1
- The date the Julian Period began on January 1, 4713 BC Julian-1
- The Hebrew date the world was created on October 7, 3761 BCE Julian-1
- Date When the Year Number Changes
- January 1
- March 1 two months late
- March 25 over two months late
- December 25 seven days early
- September 1 four months early
- Easter Day eight to nine months early
- March 20 or 21 over two months late
- September 21, 22 or 23 over three months early
- August 30 or 31 over four months early
- Where the Calendar Begins and Ends
- From January 1 to December 31
- From January 1 to the end of February during the era wnen the latter preceded the former.
- From March 1 to 61 or 62 days after December ended in the Romulus Calendar.
- Month and Day Layout
- Rules of Intercalation for Adding Leap Dates
- Leap Days
- Leap Weeks
- Leap Months
- Other Leap Addons
- Month Dating Method
- Special Provisions When Creating New Converted Calendar?
- For the Gregorian Calendar: the date Easter was first adopted, which was at the council of Nicaea on July 4, 325 A.D.
© 1995-2021. davesfunstuff.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website without expressed written consent is prohibited.
Notice Of Disclosure (updated Oct 2020):
"David Tanny, owner and operator of the domains davesfunstuff.com, dfsxradio.com, megabirthdays.com, eightisenough.com, sandiegoradionews.com and davidtanny.com, and its related subdomains, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. By making a purchase through the links to an amazon product or group page, this webmaster earns a small commission to pay for website administration duties. Linking does not imply endorsement. Clicking does not cost the visitor money. Please read the reviews of the product and return policies before deciding on making a purchase from a seller on Amazon. You will not be required to buy what you don't want or need. Thank you readers."